Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Seaside Aquarium











Our last stop was to the Seaside Aquarium which was right next to our hotel. We walked in a were able to feed the seals. They were so cute and funny. We had this little tray of stinky, dead fish to feed them...of course my kids loved that part. The seals would slap their bellies and "beg" for food. It you didn't feed them, they would get mad and splash you. It was so funny. My kids laughed and laughed.

The aquarium was dark and cool inside. It was a small, homey feel and the kids were able to "touch" almost everything. They touched sea urchins, crabs, star fish, hermit crabs, and all kinds of other stuff. They loved it. I have never seen them so fascinated with stuff. They literally had their hands in the water the whole time. When it was time to leave, I think they all had the "wrinkly raisin fingers". It was a highlight for the boys. I am a little more skiddish about touching live animals of any kind.

3 comments:

  1. What a great trip! We love the Oregon coast too. Our kids keep asking when we can go back. I'm glad you had a good time and made lots of fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN!!! What a super cool experience! My little ladies are the exact same way, anything slimy or super stinky is by far their most favorite things! We have always wanted to go to the Oregon coast, it looks amazing! By the way it is so much fun to catch up and see all the fun things that your family is doing, thanks for sharing your fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip! Let me know the motel/hotel where you stayed, did you like it? I'd love to go again.

    ReplyDelete