Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break to Oregon










For spring break we decided to take the kids on a road trip to Oregon. Our first stop was hiking to the top of Multnomah Falls, Oregon. I remember when I was a teenager my mom and I went to Portland area at least twice a year for gymnastic meets. I was always so excited when I saw Multnomah Falls because I knew we were getting very close to Portland and we almost always stopped and my mom would let me and my friends run to the bridge and chase around for awhile. I always thought it was because we begged her to let us, but now being the mom myself, I KNOW it was because she was so sick of us in the car, she wanted the break. And to let us burn off some of that abundant, never ending energy that youth brings. Sometimes I wish I still had that kind of energy.

My boys loved the hike to the top. I had to run to catch Lance several times. He doesn't quite understand some of the dangers that hiking a tall cliff involve. It is a little freaky for mom and dad, though. We were all soaked to the bone when we finished, but our spirits were renewed and we loved it.
I love how free it feels to be out in nature enjoying the beauty that Heavenly Father has so richly blessed us with. I love seeing and feeling the world around us. And when it's such wide open spaces, my kids come alive. They are outdoorsmen to the MAX. I loved being here with my boys...all 5 of them. Thanks Joel for taking us to Multnomah Falls. Thanks for being a good sport on my "active/workout" vacation...and even enjoying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment